Wednesday, April 5, 2023

New covers for YouTube Physics and Skepticism

When I began cobbling together curriculum resources for my nascent TPT Store, The Lessons of Phyz, I was in a bit of a hurry. I was keen to populate the store with more than just Mechanical Universe question sets. So I added the YouTube Physics and YouTube Skepticism lessons I had developed over the years.

My product covers early on were fairly simple. By design (!). I wasn't a fan of ... what seemed like the universal TPT product cover look, which struck me as having a very K-6 aesthetic. I learned that this had something to do with Canva, a design tool favored by many TPT author-creators.

The covers I designed were a bit quieter/more mature. Maybe even boring. So I went back to these products and redesigned the covers. Since they were video-based, dropping in a few freeze-frame screen-shots seemed like a way to provide some previews.

Play the movie to see the new covers. Go full screen to enjoy the full effect. They are much more fun than the old covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment